Can we talk about cold & flu season?! So many have been catching a bug.
First, let’s talk about WHY people get sick more often in the winter. There are a few factors that contribute to this but it is mainly your bodies inability to adapt due to decreased sun exposure & water intake, combined with increased sugar intake & stress. This is why people do not get as sick in the summer.
Follow these protocols daily and you WILL see a difference. Prevention is key – don’t wait until you are sick to do this on an everyday basis.
Daily Immune Boosting Protocol
1. Sugar: stay away from it during the winter season. It’s hard, SO hard, but sugar depletes your immune system and viruses live off of sugar. Without sugar, they don’
t live. So just say no when the cookies are passed for the next couple of months or at least until the sun comes out and kills off a lot of the bad stuff.
2. Oils: oiling up is my favorite go to, of course. Essential oils can prevent as well as cut your cold or flu time in half. I like to make an immune boosting roller that we all use daily. Here’s my recipe: 10 drops On Guard + 10 drops Lemon + 10 drops Meleuca + 10 drops Oregano. Place in a 5ml roller bottle and fill the rest of the way with FCO (fractionated coconut oil). Roll on the bottoms of your feet or spine daily. Safe for all ages!!
3. Multivitamin: & a great one too. No, those “One A Days” will not suffice. (please don’t flush your money down the toilet with these “1000%” vitamins that are not bioavailable/absorbable in your body). I swear by dōTERRA’s Life Long Vitality vitamins. If you haven’t started taking them yet, I highly recommend looking into them. They are the best vitamins that you can find out there while getting the most bang for your buck. Whole food, plant based, packed with the vitamins, minerals and nutrients that your body NEEDS on a daily basis to thrive and keep your immune system boosted. They are our #1 best selling product for a reason & you will thank me once you start taking them and notice the difference. So much energy, no mid day slump, no aches a
nd pains, increase in serotonin levels and so much more.
4. Probiotic: dōTERRA offers a great adult as well as children’s probiotic (that tastes like strawberry watermelon, yum!) that we take daily. Your gut is your first line of defense when you come in contact with a virus so it’s important to have great bacteria inside of your gut. Good bacteria is super important and most people don’t realize this & no, you cannot get this solely from your yoplait yogurt that has 36g of sugar in it.
5. Diffuse: Diffuse your favorite oils daily to purify and cleanse the air as well as boost your immune system. A few of my favorites during the day are On Guard as well as Cinnamon + Ginger or Wild Orange + Peppermint. At night I love to do Balance + Vetiver or Cedarwood + Roman Chamomile or Lavender + Breathe. Great for kids and babies too!
6. Detox: Take a detox bath with Lavender, Fran
kincense, and Epsom salts weekly. Mix several drops of each with the Epsom salts first and then drop the salts into your warm bath. I always like to add in a little baking soda too.
7. Sleep: Sleep is the best thing that you can do for your body in order for your body to fight off whatever it comes in contact with.
8. Diet: the last tip I have for you and probably the most important. Healthy food, fruits and veggies, raw food, LOTS of water.
A few other mentions to share:
• Wash your hands often and with either On Guard hand soap or make your own On Guard hand spray. Pretty please tell your friends to stop using antibacterial hand soap (ex: soft soap, bath & body works, etc.) that kills all those good germs & acid layer that your body needs.
• Take our On Guard hand spray out with you wherever you go! It’s a lifesaver.
• Clean your home with our On Guard cleaner concentrate to kill off any bad germs brought in from school or work. Ditch the toxic Lysol or 409.
• If you feel like you are coming down with something, take our On Guard gel capsules 1-2x’s a day along with using our On Guard cough drops.
• Air out your house daily for at least 10-15 minutes to get the stagnant air moving. Open the windows and let the fresh air in, even if it’s freezing.
Cheers to a better winter ahead! We can do this!